Baste Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- 3-4 lbs pork shoulder boneless and fat trimmed off
- 2 teaspoons kosher sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Baste BBQ Sauce ( Our Favorite for this Recipe is the TANGY!!!)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, and oregano.
- Rub the seasoning mix over the pork.
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot and set to SAUTE.
- Once the oil has heated, add the pork and brown on all sides, about 3- 5 minutes per side.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Sauce, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
- Reserve a 1/2 cup and then pour the remaining sauce over the pork.
- Add the chicken broth and PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 45 minutes.
- Do a natural release for 10 minutes, then turn valve to the vent position. Once float valve has dropped, remove lid.
- Transfer pork to a bowl and use two forks to shred into small chunks.
- (Optionally, you can then transfer pork to a baking sheet and broil for 8 - 10 minutes, or until golden brown).
- Add the reserved sauce to the pork and mix to combine.
- Use your favorite bun for sandwiches.