Southern Fried Pork Chop Recipe
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons of BASTE Booster seasoning
- 2 cups of self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or shortening
- Begin by washing the pork chops in cold water and patting them dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, season the pork chops evenly on both sides with the BASTE Booster seasoning and set aside for about 15 minutes to let the flavor soak in.
- In a medium bowl, combine the self rising flour, garlic powder, and onion powder together until completely mixed together. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl mix together the buttermilk and egg until combined. Set aside.
- Take each pork chop one at a time and dip it in the buttermilk mixture until completely coated then transfer to the flour mixture and coat it evenly on both sides with flour until fully coated in flour down to its core then transfer back to the buttermilk mixture then one more time into the flour mixture until completely double crusted with seasoned flour—making sure they are completely encased in crunchy goodness! Transfer all of them to a plate or dish while you heat up your pan or skillet over medium high heat with 2 tablespoons of oil or shortening spread throughout evenly.
- Place your double crusted pork chops into your heated skillet and cook for about 5 minutes on each side (or until golden brown). Once both sides are golden brown transfer them to a paper towel lined plate or dish so that any excess fat is soaked up before serving hot! Enjoy!